The University of Lausanne is a higher teaching and research institution composed of seven faculties where approximately 14,300 students and nearly 3,800 collaborators, professors, and researchers work and study. Ideally situated along the lake of Geneva, near Lausanne’s city center, its campus brings together over 120 nationalities.
To complete the team, the Institute of Geography and Sustainability is looking for a Graduate assistant in urban geography and complex sciences.
Expected start date in position: 01.09.2017/ to be agreed
Contract length: 1 year, renewable 2 x 2 years, maximum 5 years
Activity rate : 80%
Workplace: Lausanne, Institute of Geography and Sustainability, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- At least 50 per cent of working time will be devoted to research towards the completion of a doctoral dissertation.
- At least 50 per cent of working time will be devoted to teaching and to participating in other projects within the Urban Studies research group. The candidate will contribute to teaching in urban geography as well as in strategies of cities within globalization.
In order to complete our team, we are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in “Urban geography” or “Spatial analysis” or “Regional and urban economy” or “Urban sociology”
- Strong interest in the approach of urban systems through evolutionary city theory and evolutionary economic geography: multi-level and multidimensional conceptualization as well as autonomous creation.
- Interest in comparative analysis: statistical capabilities, network analysis, design and organization of massive geo-localized relational databases.
- The PhD projetct should be in the fiels of geography of urban systems and networks.
What the position offers you
We offer a nice working place in a multicultural, diversified and dynamic academic environment, opportunities for professional training.
Possibilities of continuous training, a lot of activities and other benefits to discover.
Contact for further information
For additional information, please contact prof. Céline rozenblat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline for application : 24.06.2017
Please, send your full application in Word or PDF.
Only applications through this website will be taken into account.
- a letter of motivation
- a full CV
- the names and email addresses of two persons who can provide a reference
- a copy of university degrees and grades
- the electronic file of a piece of research work (Master’s thesis, scientific paper or publication, etc.)
- a note of intention concerning the doctoral dissertation.